Why consign with Just 4 Kidz Consignments?
- You set the price! You are in complete control of how much your items sell for.
- You decide if you want your items discounted.
- You receive 60% of the selling price! If you would like to earn up to 75% back, join our team member volunteer team!
- You are invited to our private sales. This means the you shop before anyone else! For the opening day private sale, team member volunteers will shop first at 5:00 PM and consignors join the shopping from 6-8 PM. This sale is held each season on the evening before the public opening day. For the 50% off private sale, consignors and team member volunteers shop 5:00pm – 7:00pm. This private sale is held each season on the evening before the first public 50% day.
How do I become a consignor?
To become a consignor with Just 4 Kidz, start by logging into the MyCM system from the home page. There you will create a user account. Once complete, the system will assign you a consignor number. This step takes just a couple of minutes. Once you have your consignor number the system will recognize you. Your last step is to register for this season’s sale. Each sale you register using your unique consignor number. Once registered, you are all set. You can now start using the MyCM software to sign up for drop off times, tag your items, manage your inventory, volunteer and all other functions. A $5 registration fee must be paid upon registration. This can be done through paypal or mailing a check.
- Please schedule a drop-off time. Do this in the MyCM software.
- Review all tagging, drop-off, pick-up and private sale guidelines and tips.
Important Consignor Dates to Remember
- Drop off dates are by appointment. Please schedule your drop off appointment in the MyCM software.
- Private Opening Day Private Sale for Consignors: Tuesday February 27, 2018 6pm-9pm
- Re-stock Day: Sunday March 4, 2018 12pm-6pm. No appointment necessary.
- Private 50% off sale: Thursday March 8, 2018 5pm-7pm
- Pick-up Unsold Items: Sunday March 11, 2018 11am-2pm
- Getting your check: At pick up event on Sunday March 11, 2018 or within 2 weeks of end of sale
For every new consignor you refer, you will receive $5 Kidz Kash. The consignor must consign a minimum of 25 items and reference your name during drop-off. Kidz Kash can be used at this season’s sale only. Not redeemable for cash.
- Schedule your drop off time in the MyCM system.
- It is important to organize your items at home before bringing them to the sale. Separate clothing by size and gender.
- We will have rolling racks available to assist you in bringing in your clothing.
- For safety reasons, no children are allowed beyond the check-in desk.
- Please allow at least 15 minutes for your drop-off/check-in.
- Sign in at the registration desk before unloading your items.
- The drop-off/check-in volunteers stay busy checking consignors in. Please prepare to have someone come with you if you have large items that require help unloading.
- At drop-off/check-in you will receive your private sale passes. The passes are required for entry into the private sales.Items will be strictly screened for acceptability and proper tagging. If you use paper tags, you are increasing your risk of lost tags! You will be asked to redo any items that do not meet our tagging guidelines. Any items that do not meet our quality standards will be returned to you during the check-in period.
- It is your responsibility to make sure all items work before you bring them to us!
- After screening, you will put your clothing on the sale floor by size, gender and type. Other items will be placed in collection boxes in their appropriate areas.
- Please do not make sales in the parking lot. This will result in you not being allowed to consign for two seasons.
IMPORTANT! If you are unable to pick up your unsold items please make arrangements with someone to pick them up for you. The donation truck is loaded at 2 p.m. No entrance will be admitted to anyone who is late. Items not picked up will become the property of Just 4 Kidz Consignments, LLC and could be donated to a local charity or non-profit organization. We must vacate the building at our scheduled time, and it is not possible for us to take your things to our personal homes. After the stated pick-up time, it is out of our hands.
Due to time limitations, only clothing items will be sorted for pick-up. Consignors may print a list of unsold items from their MyCM report so that they know what items they need to pick up. Consignors are responsible for finding their items and checking out with one of our volunteers. Any items that you would like us to research (i.e. they are not marked as sold, but were not found during pick-up) must be reported during pick-up at the check-out desk. New starting Spring 2013: Junior clothing will NOT be sorted for pick-up. If you bring any Junior clothing, please make note of this new rule!
Your check will be given to you on pick up day or mailed to you within 2 weeks of the end of the sale.
All sales are final. Just 4 Kidz Consignments, LLC is not responsible for lost or stolen merchandise or tags.
Private Presale Tips and Guidelines
- You can receive a private sale pass by consigning a minimum of 25 items or working a 4 hour volunteer shift. If you have any connections in the advertisement business or other areas that can help the sale, we can work out an exchange for a private sale pass.
- No children or strollers allowed. We apologize for the inconvenience, but this is necessary for safety reasons.
- One pass allows one shopper in the door.
- No hoarding of items is allowed.
- You are expected to return unwanted clothing and items to the correct size and gender location. We need your help making sure every item is displayed as you would want yours to be. When items are left in the corner, shoppers do not get an opportunity to see them. Treat every item as if it were yours.
- You can bring a laundry basket to put your treasures in as you shop. You can also attach a rope so that you can drag it.
- The line will begin forming hours before the doors open – get here as soon as you can!
- You can tag large items ‘sold’ and find a volunteer to help you move it to the hold section so that you can continue shopping. Remove the consignor tag and replace it with a sign that you bring that has the word ‘sold’, your name and phone number, and consignor number on it. Provide the consignor tag as you check out and you will be able to take the item with you.
- You can come back during sale hours to pick-up large items if you are unable to take them with you at the time of purchase.
- Any items tagged ‘sold’ or placed in the holding area must be purchased. These items cannot be returned to the selling floor.
Item Preparation Tips
These guidelines and tips are here to help you display your items in the best and most secure way. It is important that clothes stay on hangers and toy parts stay taped to the toy! All clothing items must be on a wire/metal hanger.Wire hangers are required. They take up less room and are easier for the shoppers to slide on the racks. The hanger should look like a question mark when the garment is hung correctly. The important thing here is to make sure your clothing CANNOT fall off the hanger. If it is not secure and falls off the hanger, buyers will not see your items until after it is picked up and returned to the rack after the sale that evening. You also run the risk of having your items get dirty or stained if they fall off the hanger onto the floor.
ABSOLUTELY NO STRAIGHT PINS. This is a safety issue.
Safety pinning your clothing items is highly recommended. You want it to look neat and well taken care of. The better it looks the more likely it is to sell. If you have stored your items in the attic, please wash them to insure the quality of the material has not been damaged during storage. Two piece outfit: Hang the shirt first, then turn the hanger over and pin the waist of the pants/shorts/skirt to the back of the shirt shoulders OR to the hanger itself. Do not pin second pieces under a jacket/ shirt where they Pants: Use safety pins to secure pants to the top part of the wire hangers. You can group several items together (i.e. sell three onesies together) Misc. parts to an outfit: Other parts of an outfit (hats, bloomers, socks, etc…), may be placed in a zip bag and pinned to the top of the outfit. You may also pin an individual item, like a hat, to the top without being in a zip bag.
Small Items: TAPE! TAPE! TAPE!
If you need to tape your tags to non-clothing items, tape only above the cut (dotted) line. Do not tape over the BAR code.
Smaller items such as rattles, bibs, bows, etc.should be packaged in zip bags. These items should be grouped and sold as bundles in the same bag. Use heavy-duty clear packing tape to ensure your consignor tag will stay in place and tape the tops of all baggies. Make sure they cannot be opened. EACH ZIP BAG should be completely sealed with tape. If your child can open it, so can other children. All DVDs should be taped shut. Please double check to make sure that the DVD/video game matches the cover. Any that do not match will be pulled from the sale floor and placed in a non-sorted box. Shoes must be placed in a zip bag (sealed with tape). You do not want the shoes to get separated.
Toys, Furniture and Equipment:
All toys, furniture and equipment MUST be cleaned, in working order and must include all working parts.
Toys which require batteries must include them! Toys that include small parts must have all of the parts in a zip bag. The bag should be sealed with tape and taped to the toy. If the bag can be opened or removed from the toy, the parts can get lost.
Attach tag to toy with heavy clear packing tape. Tape above the cut line without taping over the BAR code.
Games and puzzles should have all pieces and be in boxes (tied or taped closed.)
- Let’s keep our standards high! Any items that do not work, but slip by us during check-in will result in a $5.00 processing fee to the consignor’s account for removing this item from the floor. Please check your items before you bring them!!
- The Spring (February/March) sale is for spring and summer clothes.
- The Fall (August/September) sale is for fall and winter clothes.
- Size infant – Juniors and Ladies Clothing
- All infant- and child-related items
- Shoes in GREAT condition only
- Household furniture in good to excellent condition (sofas, tables, chairs, bedroom furniture)
- Toys must have all parts and batteries (if applicable)
- Baby equipment: Baby and toddler beds, exersizers, strollers, pack-n-plays, highchairs, booster seats, bouncy seats, monitors (w/ batteries), changing tables, bedding, etc.
- DVDs, musical CDs, books, bibs, bottles, rattles, burp clothes, bikes, outdoor play equipment, potty seats, bathtubs, etc.
- School Uniforms
- Household accessories in great condition
- Women’s name-brand boutique clothing, shoes and handbags will be accepted. We will accept brands like Cabi, Chicos, Escapada, Calvin Klein, Coach, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, Cole Haan, Matilda Jane, and other high quality, high style women’s designer items.
No Thank You Items
- Clothing with stains, pilling, fading or holes
- Clothing with missing buttons or broken zippers and snaps
- Drop-side cribs
- Items with an odor (i.e. smoke or pets)
- Out of season
- Out-dated items
- Car seats older than 5 years
- Recalled or damaged items
- Dirty or scuffed shoes
- VHS Tapes
- Stuffed Animals
- Battery-operated toys without batteries
- Broken toys or toys with missing parts
- Maternity clothes
- Any item that has been recalled as listed on the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s Recall List
You will generate your tags on our website and print from your home computer using card stock paper. Use 60#, 65# or 67# card stock in white or pastel colors only. Do not use bright or dark colored card stock. Using colored card stock makes it difficult for our scanners to read the bar code. DO NOT USE paper tags! Using paper tags increases your risk of lost tags! If you do not have access to generate or print your tags, please feel free to contact us.
Tags are to be safety-pinned on the left chest of each clothing item. When you are facing the item, it will be on your right. If you need to tape your tag to non-clothing items, tape only above the cut (dotted) line. Do not tape over the BAR code. (Refer to Preparing your items)
Any items not tagged properly will be pulled and redone by you before they are allowed on the sale floor.
CONSIGNOR AGREEMENT (IMPORTANT)
Consignor agrees to hold harmless and make no claim against Just 4 Kidz Consignment, LLC, the Officers of Just 4 Kidz Consignment, LLC, the lessors of the space where the sale is held, any volunteer or paid participants in Just 4 Kidz Consignment, LLC, or the insurer of Just 4 Kidz Consignment for the damage, theft or loss of any items consigned to Just 4 Kidz Consignment, LLC. Just 4 Kidz does not anticipate any thefts, damage, or loss but occasionally these events may occur.
Consignor agrees to waive any and all claims for personal injury resulting from participation in Just 4 Kidz Consignment, LLC from whatever cause either foreseen or unforeseen against Just 4 Kidz Consignment LLC, the Officers of Just 4 Kidz Consignment, LLC, the lessors of the space where the sale is held, any volunteer or paid participants in Just 4 Kidz Consignment, or the insurer of Just 4 Kidz Consignment, LLC.
Consignor agrees that no adjustments may be made to the barcoded tag once it is printed. If the consignor decides to change the price of an item or change the discount or donate status of the item a new tag must be printed.
Consignor understands that the Consignor Private Sale is for sellers who consign 25 or more items. The private sale is for adults (14 years and older) only and one pass will be issued per consignor.
Consignor agrees that a $5 processing fee will be charged to their account for any item found on the sale floor that does not work due to dead or no batteries, defect in the power cord, etc.
Consignor agrees that items marked “Disc: yes” will be discounted on our discount days. Please see home page for a detail of discount days. This includes items consigned with J4k Ladies’ Boutique.
Consignor understands that it is their responsibility to fill out each item’s tag completely and properly. Consignor agrees that any item found during the sale without a tag will be sold at Just 4 Kidz’ discretion. Where possible, Just 4 Kidz will attempt to identify the seller of any sold items without a tag.
Consignor agrees that items marked with a “D” in the bottom right hand corner of their tag will be automatically donated if unsold and will not be available for pick-up.
Consignor agrees that any small valuable items over $10 must be given to J4K to display appropriately. These items include but are not limited to: designer handbags, designer sunglasses, jewelry, collectible items/toys, electronic games/gaming systems.
Consignor agrees that items not picked up by the end of the designated pick-up period will become the property of Just 4 Kidz to be donated to charity or any other sources that could benefit from them.
Consignor agrees to cash proceed checks within 6 months of the date of the check, and understands that outstanding checks older than 6 months will be cancelled by Just 4 Kidz.
Consignor agrees to not bring any items that have been recalled. Recalled items can be found at: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prerel.html
Consignor agrees that the distribution of proceeds from the sale of each item will be 60% of their profits.
Consignors who fulfill (2) 4-hour Team Member Volunteer shifts according to the Team Member Agreement will receive 65% of the price of their sold items. Consignors who fulfill (3) 4-hour shifts will receive 70% back on their sold items and Consignors who fulfill (4) 4-hour shifts will receive 75% back on their sold items. All shifts must be worked by either the consignor or their spouse in order to receive the additional percentage back on consigned items. Seventy-Five percent is the highest percentage that can be earned. It is the responsibility of the volunteer to sign in and sign out at their volunteer shift.
Due to time limitations, only clothing items will be sorted for pick-up (Junior sized clothing will not be sorted). Consignors may print a list of unsold items from their MyCM report so that they know what items they need to pick up. Consignors are responsible for finding their items and checking out with one of the designated Team Member Volunteers. Any items you would like us to research must be reported during consignor pick-up (i.e. items marked “unsold” but that couldn’t be found at pick-up). We cannot research items emailed to us once pick-up is complete.